How to remove your semi-permanent nail polish at home?
The main advantage of semi-permanent varnish is its longevity. It can easily last 15-20 days without getting damaged or peeling. To remove it and avoid damaging the nail, it is often recommended to remove it in a salon. However, institutes do not always have space, or find themselves closed (during confinement for example). So, how do you remove it without tearing it off and damaging your nails at home? We'll explain it to you in a few steps.
Materials needed to remove semi-permanent varnish:
- A nail file
- A polishing block
- A plastic bowl
- A roll of aluminum foil
- A cuticle pusher or a small spoon
- 10 makeup remover pads or cotton pads
- Acetone nail polish remover or pure acetone
- A cuticle or special nail oil
6 steps to remove your semi-permanent nail polish at home:
- File your nails until the polish becomes dull. It is important to have a gentle and non-aggressive gesture so as not to damage your nail. The purpose of the nail file is to remove the first layer (the top coat);
- Next, dip your cotton pads or makeup remover pads in a plastic bowl containing remover. For it to be effective it must be with acetone. You can also choose pure acetone. Once well soaked, wrap them around each nail. To hold them, wrap them with thin pieces of aluminum foil. Our advice: pre-cut 15 to 20 strips of aluminum before starting.
- Leave on for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the pieces of aluminum one by one. Next, rub the cotton on the nail. This will remove some material. Remove the rest of the material with the cuticle pusher or the handle of a small spoon.
- If all the varnish does not come off, repeat the operation. That is to say, put cotton back on with acetone, and cover with aluminum foil.
- When you have a few traces of nail polish left, remove them using the polishing block. Always with delicacy.
Caring for your nails after removing them:
File the nail to restore its shape and massage the nail with a natural oil . This will hydrate and nourish your nails and cuticles.
Laisser un commentaire
Votre e-mail ne sera pas publiée. Les champs obligatoires sont marqués *