How to take care of your feet (all year round)
Taking care of your feet: the subject is on everyone's lips during the summer season. And yet the ideal would be to do it all year round. Indeed, it is difficult to recover in 2 weeks, which was not done in 10 months. If you can maintain a regular rhythm, you can build a simple and effective routine to take care of your feet.
A routine to find
It is obvious that taking care of your feet in summer is easier between sand and sandals, they are in plain sight. than in summer. But the rest of the year, we easily choose the option of abandoning them. In reality, this is all just a matter of habit! To make them part of your beauty routine, here are some tips:
- What applies to your hands applies to your feet: if you remove your nail polish on your hands, you apply an oil to cuticle or even a new color, so don't forget your feet. You can massage your nails once a week with a suitable oil.
- Even in winter your feet need you: Find the perfect time to take care of it. In the morning, in the evening? In the shower, it's an opportunity to exfoliate, remove some dead skin and check that everything is okay. In the evening, before going to bed, a self-massage of a few minutes on the feet will allow you to nourish the skin while relaxing.
- I remain on alert: A painful nail? Peeling skin? An itch? We don't leave it lying around. Bacteria, fungus and whatnot can really take hold if you don't treat them as soon as possible. If in doubt, you can see your pharmacist, consult a podiatrist or a doctor.
And for exceptional care?
Here is our favorite foot care ritual, to do at home once a month*:
- Bathe in lukewarm water for 15 to 20 minutes. Add a few drops of peppermint essential oil which we love for its refreshing, healing and toning power. The idea is to relax you, while preparing the skin for the next steps.
- Continue with a foot rasp in a light circular motion and without insisting too much. Afterwards, you can do a scrub to continue gently removing dead skin.
- Dry your feet well, insisting between the toes, then apply a nourishing treatment or a cream rich enough to restore soft skin;
- The last step is to take care of your nails. Push back your cuticles after applying a dedicated oil, then trim and file your nails to perfect your manicure.
For nails we recommend that you do not let them grow too much. For feet, a long nail means more room for bacteria and perspiration. Toenails look best with a reasonable length.
Now you know how to give your feet all the love they deserve!
*You can also go to institute .