Taking care of your feet: this is a topic that is on everyone's lips during the summer season. However, it would be ideal to do it all year round. It is difficult to recover in 2 weeks what you haven't done in 10 months. If you can maintain a regular rhythm, you can build a simple routine that works for your feet.
A routine to find
It's obvious that taking care of your feet in the summer is easier when they're in plain sight than in the summer. But during the rest of the year, we easily choose to neglect them. In reality, it's all a matter of habit! To make them part of your beauty routine, here are some tips:
- What applies to your hands applies to your feet: if you remove your nail polish from your hands, apply a cuticle oil or a new colour, then don't forget your feet. You can massage your nails once a week with a suitable oil.
- Even in winter your feet need you: Find the right time to take care of them. In the morning, in the evening? In the shower, it's a good time to exfoliate, remove some dead skin and check that everything is fine. In the evening, before going to bed, a few minutes of self-massage on the feet will allow you to nourish the skin while relaxing.
- I stay alert: A nail that hurts? Peeling skin? An itch? Don't leave it lying around. Bacteria, fungus and other nasties can really take hold if you don't treat them as soon as possible. If in doubt, see your pharmacist, podiatrist or doctor.
What about exceptional care?
Here is our favourite foot care ritual to do at home once a month*:
- Soak in warm water for 15 to 20 minutes. Add a few drops of peppermint essential oil, which we love for its cooling, healing and toning properties. The idea is to relax, while preparing the skin for the next steps.
- Follow up with a foot scraper in a gentle circular motion and without too much pressure. Afterwards, you can use a scrub to gently remove dead skin.
- Dry your feet well, paying particular attention to the area between the toes, and then apply a nourishing treatment or a cream rich enough to leave your skin soft;
- The last step is to take care of your nails. Push back your cuticles after applying a dedicated oil, then trim and file your nails to complete your manicure.
For the nails we recommend not to let them grow too long. For the feet, a long nail means more room for bacteria and perspiration. Toenails are best worn with a reasonable length.
Now you know how to give your feet the love they deserve!
You can also go to an institute.
Leave a comment